Re: Re: art research project ideas

---------

From: Karalee Serra (kserra77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 04:50:43 PDT

> Last year my high schoolers painted chinese takeout
>containers with images from a famous artist's work.

cool concept - although i'm not sure I see the purpose of the art being painted on the chinese take out boxes. maybe if there was a reason for the take out boxes like what it was being filled with.

>It seemed like a very successful project but kids who
>normally take all their artwork home left their boxes??

maybe they didn't just want to paint images of famous artworks, but paint their own. is it possible, if done again, that the paintings be based on the research of the famous artists thinking, styles, and materials? just an idea.

-karalee