Re: James Joyce

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 06:39:13 PDT

You know, I've often wondered about that, L'. I think sometimes a work
of art is created purely out of the need of the artist or for the
aesthetic pleasure of the process. As to 'influence' -- I was referring
to art intended to change the viewer in some way, which by the way,
might be the most important reason art is made but almost never the
reason I make it. Later, J.

occti@mindspring.com wrote:

>Can an artwork be created for any other reason?
>
>Is artwork always outward directed?
>
>Lar

---