Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: James Joyce

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 06:39:13 PDT

You know, I've often wondered about that, L'. I think sometimes a work
of art is created purely out of the need of the artist or for the
aesthetic pleasure of the process. As to 'influence' -- I was referring
to art intended to change the viewer in some way, which by the way,
might be the most important reason art is made but almost never the