Re: art research project ideas

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 21:07:44 PDT

Mike,

> An idea that I think I got from the NAEA Conference
> is to have them do research "posters" instead of
> papers. I offered this to my Jr. high students as
extra credit last year. They were required to
research an artist and type up a short biography as
the main part of the poster. They also had to include
a small print of a work of art created by that artist,
a time-line of important events during the artist's
life, a picture of the artist, either an informal
critique of the work of art that they included or
historical information about that work of art and a
list of references on the back of the poster. I
graded of accuracy of information, readability,
neatness, composition of poster, and inclusion of all
required components. I hope this helps.