Re: Need artist connections for a project on exaggerated scale

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 19:08:48 PDT

Linda,

This was from awaile back and I saved it because I thought it looked like a lot of fun to do. I was wondering if you have any examples that you can post. I am trying to get a better picture of the project.... and I am trying to think of some artists to go with the lesson.....so...a.....blank. Thanks,

MJHadley
>From: lindwood@webtv.net
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: Need artist connections for a project on exaggerated scale
>Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:17:32 -0500 (CDT)
>
>Actually, the project is "There is a Giant ___ in the ____." The blanks
>can be filled in with words like cat, 50'woman, killer wasps, flying
>sharks or pigs, etc., etc. and on the other end, the blanks can be
>things like city,dresser drawers, closet, garden, etc. The idea is that
>you have changes in proportion from normal garden (which can be drawn in
>large scale or medium) to a very large thing that is attacking,
>visiting, having it's hair done, or whatever. I do this with third
>grade, and the results are always astounding. They love it. For the
>past few years we have combined it with drawing cities, emphasis on
>differences in windows, building shapes and tops, details of the city,
>vehicles, people reacting, and so on. THey are happy to draw on this
>for weeks. Then we color them with texture sheets/crayons for
>buildings, watercolor sky, colored pencil people, and whatever else they
>want to do for the remainder. Sometimes I have had them do them on
>black paper with oil pastels. There is plenty of "E&P meat" here, but I
>want to add some connections to artists or art forms as examples next
>year. I think of the Trojan Horse, but have not tried to find an
>example of that. What other artists use profound differences in
>proportion in their work to show something is giant amongst normal sized
>things? Come on, y'all...I know you can help me! You're all amazing.
>
>Linda
>

>---

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ---