Re: High School 3-D - curriculum help needed

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 17:20:37 PDT

Are you considering ceramics as 3-D? I use a high relief subtractive
sculpture lesson which my students love. They create a large free form
slab of clay, draw their image (portrait, landscape, etc.) They must
subtract and add clay to create the relief, add texture; and after
firing, they may use glazes or acrylic paints to the white bisqueware.
 This is for Art II-IV. The variety of style and ideas are fantastic!
 I can send you the lesson with pictures if you would like? Because I
am new at this, am I suppose to send this to your e-mail or do I send
everything like this? It would be a big file, I think?

Another project is Alexander Calder mobiles--he has some good sites and
there are lessons on him. Students liked them. I hung them from the
ceiling--still have some. Teachers like them for their rooms, too!

I am using some of the IAD sculpture lessons for my new curriculum--I am
adding an entire 9-weeks devoted to 3-D for the advanced class.

Debby :-)

---