RE: how to price artwork

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 14:12:47 PDT

For pricing your work, usually artists tend to under sell their
efforts...but at the same time it really depends on what price you think
would be fair in regards to the person who is wanting to buy the
pieces...you might have to bargain a little...start out high and see if they
will go for it...make sure you do not ask for anything under at least $10 to
$15 an hour (for the making of the piece) plus what it cost to make the
piece...I always ask for more and if someone really wants it, they will
bargain with you to try to get you to come down...for paintings at that
size...since they are one of a kind and sort of personal, I would ask for at
least $100.00...maybe...again it depends on how much time and effort went
into making the piece...just don't short change yourself...