RE: External hard drive 40 GB

---------

From: Margaret G (teachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 09:28:42 PDT

To the person asking about external hard drives:

I like the Lacie drive, because it has a firewire port in addition to
USB. I take all my students digital work back and forth from school
using this drive. The firewire powers the drive and is super fast.

If you use the USB port, then you have to use the enclosed power cord,
and the transfer time for files is much slower.

The drive shouldn't be connected 'round the clock, though. It overheats
and the data could be lost that way.

---