RE: EGG (PBS) Wants our opinion on materails

---------

From: Dobbins, Laura (DobbinsL_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 07:00:56 PDT

First, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the amazingly astute and
specific information all of you on the ArtsEdNet listserv are giving us
at EGG! I am so heartened to know that the next generation has teachers
like you. Keep it coming--your words are being taken very seriously.

Here's another question for those of you who want to respond: Would you
prefer to have the whole set available or single episodes? What kind of
price point do you think would your school, or you, be able to afford
(espec. in these days when art seems to be taking a back seat to
everything else in the curriculum)?

For Betty--Your PBS station probably did not pick up EGG, alas. Another
reason you can't find EGG is because PBS has canceled it--One of the
reasons behind this education push. If we can demonstrate that there is
a strong education market out there, we may be able to revive EGG and
produce new shows down the road. In the meantime, for those of you with
digital cable and satellite TV, EGG will be showing on TRIO for the next
3 years.

Again, thanks to all of you!
Laura Dobbins
Researcher