Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

High School Ceramic Mask Lesson - on IAD

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 18:09:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Justin Kramer (Australia) submitted a lesson on ceramic masks to Incredible
Art Department. Rather than adding his images to the middle school plan, I
decided to write up a whole lesson for high school. I linked up some of our
new mask resources.

His lesson could easily be done with plaster addition on those plastic mask
forms, too (or plaster face molds), for those who don't do clay. I really
like the added collage aspect and addition of words in his lesson.

If my link doesn't work for you - enter through the home page:
Then lesson plans - then high school - link is at the top.

I would like to see more high school sculpture projects added to the site -
Anyone have some to share with images? I am back "working" now (done
playing around finding "stuff") - so send me new lessons to add.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department