styrogami!

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 13:13:49 PDT

how cool is this?! http://www.styrogami.com/

in my response to lawrence's post, i was thinking of irresponsibility as the artist not having total control over the outcome of the work, of the artwork possibly evolving in unplanned directions with each individual artist and each set of materials being used. i do think public education in our culture today, with all the emphasis on accountability and standardized tests, really does have a problem with this sort of open-endedness and lack of predetermined conclusion/right answer...unfortunately, i think an exploratory learning in any subject area is far more genuine, interesting, memorable, and applicable than learning how to properly answer disjointed items on a test and we are doing our students a disservice by emphasizing the wrong approach. just my take!

wendy free