Re: James Joyce

---------

From: Kurt Hasselman (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 11:39:55 PDT

I find it particularly ironic that this quote was attributed to
another artist, Pauline Kael....so speak about irresponsibility...who
was the irresponsible artist that did not give credit where credit was
due, Pauline or James?

While I agree that a certain amount of 'recklessness' and 'abandon' is
needed by artists to be 'alert' to the possibilities of the 'unplanned
vs. the planned'...I don't know if I embrance the
word "irresponsibility"...because that word comes loaded with meaning.

San D

> I was just wondering what you all think of this quote:
>
> "Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the
> part the
> schools cannot recognize." (James Joyce)
>

> Lawrence A. Parker

---