RE: artwork question

---------

From: King, Jean (JKING5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 10:40:06 PDT

Are you sure the word isn't "amate"? Amate' is a type of paper made from
mulberry bark. It is normally brown and has a sort of "swirlly" texture.
The paint is normally very bright and sounds like what you are describing.
The price would make sense if it was done in pesos before the peso switched.

Look up amate and see.
I have a couple of pieces but I would have to pull them out to scan them for
you.

Jean King
Houston Texas