Re: EGG the arts show--We need your curriculum input!

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 09:51:02 PDT

This would be a dream come true for me - a high school art teacher who thinks the EGG is one of the best television shows I've ever seen, and would love to share it with my students. I'd be thrilled just to be able to purchase videos/dvds of the actual show segments. I loved the website when I last visited, too. Maybe a short written summary of what is in each segment would be a good thing to go with the video so if it was kept in the media center other subject area teachers could use it as a resource, too. I am so excited about the possibility of watching the EGG with my students and being inspired to create new art projects! Please keep us up to date on the progress of this project.

Thank you!

Wendy Free

"Dobbins, Laura" <DobbinsL@thirteen.org> wrote:

I'm writing from EGG the arts Show at Channel 13, Public Television
Station in New York. (www.pbs.org/egg) We are currently trying to
determine if there is a market for EGG in the classroom, either as a
supplement or perhaps even as a curriculum, if we were to develop
supporting materials and could offer it at a very low price to the
schools (we would fundraise to create the supporting materials). I was
wondering if you could tell me your opinion--do you think this is
viable? A good idea? What would you want to see accompanying the video
set? All your ideas are welcome.

Thanks very much,
Laura Dobbins
Researcher