rebus project

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 08:10:55 PDT

I'm assigning a rebus project for my sub to do with kids this Friday and Monday (yes, I'm in school, we are year round). If you didn't know, a rebus is a message that substitutes pictures for some of the words, so it is kind of like a puzzle. I'm asking the kids to write me a letter describing their experience in art this year, requiring at least 20 pictures within the letter. Does anyone have any interesting background on rebuses (rebi?- ha). Remember the game show from the eighties using rebuses? Thanks.
Jayna