Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

indian and korean masks

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 00:28:29 PDT

There is a Dover publication with 6 reproductions of
Indian Festival Masks - I love the color in these

Here's what I found:

Images and what they are and are used for

Masks and Puppetry – mostly text

Himalayan site
Sri Lanka

Small ones to buy

Korean links:

Great kite on Korea
  (6 pages of masks info – don’t miss them)

I think these three are the same… (this site tells you how to make
Hahoe and Gourd masks – it is the last choice on the
right pull down menu – I think the pictures only come
up on the Korean version, but I thought it might be
helpful anyway. Maybe it’s better with other configs

scroll down to masks...
Or enjoy the drums!
(excellent pictures of korea)

HaHoe Masks

tradition exhibition
write up with images
animal dance mid page

to purachase
click on mask for description

I ran accross this syllabus -I love the matrix
approach. I would love to find the music that goes
with some of these cermonies, but don't feel quite so
ambitious at the moment...
Matrix for cross-cultural study

This link is to a contemporary artist working with a
traditional Korean art form I have not seen before -
they are very whimsical carvings

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but had to
leave town for a father's whim on father's day -
he and my grandfather (who's 80) decided it was time
to get JetSkis...

Sorry, I didn't double check and omit the ones Judy
already posted - Dawn

Do you Yahoo!?