Re: artwork question

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 17:59:36 PDT

I have just today signed up for artsednetTalk. I hope I'm replying
correctly. Anyway, I taught an Amati Indian folk art project. The
South American Indians use a thin bark to draw stylized nature pictures.
 I found this project in a multicultural art lesson book which I
purchased from Sax several years ago. I used torn paper bags that were
soaked in water, squeezed, flattened and dried. Students drew with large
markers and painted simple shapes such as birds, flowers, etc. Also, I
have seen this folk art at sites about S.A. folk art--try that.
Debby

---