Re: artwork question

---------

From: Cindy Erickson (square1art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 17:22:57 PDT

I have recently inherited a oil painting that needs cleaning badly. It belonged to an elderly relative and was in a smoke-filled home for about 40 years. I do not want to pay the extreme prices a professional charges. The painting is not valuable but it was painted by an aunt of mine and is therefore valuable to my family.
Does anyone know what I should/can clean this painting with? After cleaning should it have some new sealant sprayed or painted on? What?
Thanks for your help.
Cindy