Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

certification question

From: Carol Hudrlik (chudrlik_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 08:19:06 PDT

hi everyone!

i'm planning to go back to school to get certified to teach art. (i
have my undergrad in visual art - no education classes)

i'm finding that my options range from:
-an accelerated certificate program in education - not specifically an
art ed program (& costs less)
-a masters of arts in teaching in an art ed program, at an art school
(costs more)

and there is everything in between.

as art educators, what would you recommend?
any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

ps. i'm new to these lists & am loving it!