Re: still on dial-up

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 11:43:57 PDT

Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

> Still on dial up too! <snip> I feel that things cost so much
> these days.....I have really started to relish the free things in
> life.....The DUMP! Every Sat...free books, get rid of my leaves, old junk, etc...and the
> Salvation Army! Love the Salvation Army...the one near me has more clothes
> than my local wal-mart!

You and Linda and I share the same ideas; if we "get by" using older
stuff or technology just a bit we have the money for things that are
really important (like, scuba diving!).

A really good little book I read several years ago helped me figure out
my financial priorities. It's called Your Money or Your Life by Joe
Dominguez and Vicki Robin, and it describes how so many of us are in the
trap of working FOR money, rather than money working for US. It helps
you analyze your relationship to money and what your spending habits
are, and what your priorities in life are.

Maggie (moving into her own home this week for the first time!)

---