Chinese opera masks

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 20:23:10 PDT

Hi all -

I'm finding this multural mask approach very
interesting - I had always kind of avoided it before.
I really like the webquest that was posted.
http://www.gaston.k12.nc.us/resources/teachers/webquests/Safari/introduction_masks.htm
(saved the address and deleted the post)

I started exploring Chinese opera masks - one of my
students gave me a set.

This is an fantastic site - it says caution have your
realplayer or ??? ready...also turn the volume down on
your computer slightly
 http://www.novelhall.org.tw/arthur/index.htm#

These two sites cover the color symbolism

http://www.paulnoll.com/China/Opera/China-opera-colors.html
http://www.geocities.com/teresaworldcivilization/chineseopera/book.html

These are about the tradition
http://202.95.18.169/education/97web/opera/chinese%20opera%20mask.htm
http://www.chinavoc.com/arts/perform/opera/makeup_b.htm
http://www.chinaglobe.com/culture/opera/

di opera masks
http://www.chinavista.com/experience/di-opera/di-opera.html

real player arias
http://library.kcc.hawaii.edu/~bzhang/pkopera/pkopera.html

I did a search on Korean masks, too. I can't remember
if I posted it- I think there were more sites that
were tyring to sell rather than general info sites.

Dawn