Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Chinese opera masks

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 20:23:10 PDT

Hi all -

I'm finding this multural mask approach very
interesting - I had always kind of avoided it before.
I really like the webquest that was posted.
(saved the address and deleted the post)

I started exploring Chinese opera masks - one of my
students gave me a set.

This is an fantastic site - it says caution have your
realplayer or ??? ready...also turn the volume down on
your computer slightly

These two sites cover the color symbolism

These are about the tradition

di opera masks

real player arias

I did a search on Korean masks, too. I can't remember
if I posted it- I think there were more sites that
were tyring to sell rather than general info sites.

Do you Yahoo!?