Marionette site of interest

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 16:53:35 PDT

I found this link looking for contemporary masks:
http://www.scottradke.com/art.htm

I will eventually add this link to my page on puppets.

I know Sharon Kennedy would like this site - thought others might too.

I made marionettes a couple of times with my students - it was a LOT of
work - but fun! One year with sixth graders (used wood scraps and
dowels -plaster gauze over newspaper for heads - paster hands and feet -
tissue paper/Mod-podge finish) - and one year with 7th graders (plaster for
head - Sculpy for hands and feet - wood scraps and dowels - painted with
acrylics). I sewed all of the costumes for them - kids designed them and cut
them out.

Judy

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com