Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art of Sri Lanka - masks

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:42:02 PDT

I found this looking at some Mask links: Excellent site on art histroy, Buddhist art
etc. Click on Masks - lots of images but no descriptions/purposes.
Preview the Art Today before showing to kids. I viewed some of the 43 Group
contemporary art. I recommend the non-flash version - but you can decide.
I will be adding a link to this site.

Deveil Dance Maks of Sri Lanka (good artcile - with images):

Here are more mask of Sri Lanka - (very commercial and cheap): (some inforamtion on

Dances, Masks and Drums of Sri Lanka:

There are more commercial sites out there if you are interested in more

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department