Art of Sri Lanka - masks

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:42:02 PDT

I found this looking at some Mask links:
http://www.artsrilanka.org/ Excellent site on art histroy, Buddhist art
etc. Click on Masks - lots of images but no descriptions/purposes.
Preview the Art Today before showing to kids. I viewed some of the 43 Group
contemporary art. I recommend the non-flash version - but you can decide.
I will be adding a link to this site.

Deveil Dance Maks of Sri Lanka (good artcile - with images):
http://www.akanezumiya.com/publications/mag4.htm

Here are more mask of Sri Lanka - (very commercial and cheap):
http://www.lanka.info/shops/masks/masksFrontPage.jsp
http://www.lanka.info/shops/masks/maskUsedInRituals.htm (some inforamtion on
masks)

Dances, Masks and Drums of Sri Lanka:
http://www.lightmillennium.org/3rd_april_03/srilanka_dance_mask_drum.html

There are more commercial sites out there if you are interested in more
images.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department