Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Impressionism lessons needed for elementary

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 13:43:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I got a request for lesson plans for Impressionism for elementary. Send me
your ideas with an image or two and I will post to the site on an
artists/art styles page. If you have a lesson on your site - post the URL to
the list. (Many of Makio's student landscapes remind me of Impressionism and

Here are some lessons I found online that you may need to embellish
Not much details on these:

Some coloring sheets you could use for free time activities:

Claude Monet Lesson Plan - Albright Knox:

Teach Impressionism - download the packet - 9 lessons on looking and
Excellent site: - click Experience

I just found this page on Artcyclopedia that has some helpful information on
finding what you want:

Art Institute of Chicago:
This is excellent:
Also check Family Activities

Taft Museum - Upper Elementary:

Interactive - Explore Impressionism: (click to see larger version)

Try the quiz:

Make a Masterpiece - online painting of choice of 5 masterworks:

I know there are many more out there....but I know folks would want to see
what you have done.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department