Impressionism lessons needed for elementary

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 13:43:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I got a request for lesson plans for Impressionism for elementary. Send me
your ideas with an image or two and I will post to the site on an
artists/art styles page. If you have a lesson on your site - post the URL to
the list. (Many of Makio's student landscapes remind me of Impressionism
http://kawama-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Sketch.htm and
http://ukitasho.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Landscape.htm)

Here are some lessons I found online that you may need to embellish
Not much details on these:
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/ArtImpressionismMonet.htm
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/ArtWhatsYourImpression-Impressionism26.htm

Some coloring sheets you could use for free time activities:
http://www.first-school.ws/activities/artapp/impressionism.htm

Claude Monet Lesson Plan - Albright Knox:
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/lMonet.html

Teach Impressionism - download the packet - 9 lessons on looking and
learning
http://www.impressionism.org/teachimpress/default.htm
Excellent site: http://www.impressionism.org/ - click Experience
Impressionism

I just found this page on Artcyclopedia that has some helpful information on
finding what you want:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/feature-2002-03.html

Art Institute of Chicago:
http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_Impressionist/pages/IMP_lessons.shtml
This is excellent:
http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_Impressionist/index.html
Also check Family Activities

Taft Museum - Upper Elementary:
http://www.taftmuseum.org/lp.htm

Interactive - Explore Impressionism: (click to see larger version)
http://www.biography.com/impressionists/classroom_main.html

Try the quiz:
http://www.biography.com/impressionists/quiz1.jsp

Make a Masterpiece - online painting of choice of 5 masterworks:
http://www.biography.com/impressionists/makea.html

I know there are many more out there....but I know folks would want to see
what you have done.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department