Latino Arts And Culture - Smithsonian Interactive

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 08:16:34 PDT

Some additional resources for Latino art and culture....

Those of you looking for good sites for Latino Arts will want to check out
the Smithsonian: http://www.si.edu/art_and_design/latino/ Check also History
and Culture - Latino.

This one on Folk and Traditional Music is really good:
http://www.corridos.org/ It would be great for elementary and middle
school - for those who like to work interdisciplinary with music.

Arte Latino features art from 18th century through 20th century with 73
works online: http://americanart.si.edu/t2go/1la/index.html

I posted Latino Virtual Gallery before: http://latino.si.edu/virtualgallery/

I posted A Collector's Vision of Puerto Rico before too:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/vidal/index.htm . The links under Vidal
Collection don't work - but the ones under Exhibition do.

More Puerto Rican links:

Puerto Rican - Lesson Plan for Vejigante mask unit:
http://www.cantaremusic.com/docs/vejigante.pdf

Vejigante Mask and costume
http://store5.yimg.com/I/cac-pr_1741_4207123

Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance: