Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Latino Arts And Culture - Smithsonian Interactive

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 08:16:34 PDT

Some additional resources for Latino art and culture....

Those of you looking for good sites for Latino Arts will want to check out
the Smithsonian: Check also History
and Culture - Latino.

This one on Folk and Traditional Music is really good: It would be great for elementary and middle
school - for those who like to work interdisciplinary with music.

Arte Latino features art from 18th century through 20th century with 73
works online:

I posted Latino Virtual Gallery before:

I posted A Collector's Vision of Puerto Rico before too: . The links under Vidal
Collection don't work - but the ones under Exhibition do.

More Puerto Rican links:

Puerto Rican - Lesson Plan for Vejigante mask unit:

Vejigante Mask and costume

Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance: (Vejigante

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department