RE: sell your art online

---------

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 05:18:43 PDT

Hi G.Since you asked, I'll tell you. I didn't like the art posted so far, but that really has nothing to do with the site itself. As far as the concept of selling art on-line is concerned, I don't believe it happens much without, perhaps, the artist actively self promoting and using the site as added exposure to already interested parties (people who have already bought the work and like it). This can be done (better, I think) by simply posting one's own work on one's own site. It is not that difficult and the viewer does not have to search through a lot of other work to find it. It may work for getting art reps and dealers to see your work if that is what you are looking for, but that is a random, chancy thing unless the creator of the on-line site has a vested interest in seeing the work sell and promotes it. When there is a monthly fee, the only person guaranteed to make the money is the creator of the site, not the artist. Posting to a site that does make its money on com
 missions will more actively promote your work and you are not out of a monthly fee if you are an artist.Kerry Check out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!!http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/--- On Thu 06/12, LogoHouse.com < gmosborne@attbi.com > wrote:

From: LogoHouse.com [mailto: gmosborne@attbi.com]To: artsednet@lists.getty.eduDate: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:32:24 -0700Subject: sell your art online

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com