Re: Altered Books - Round Robin

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:56:20 PDT

It is similiar - what we are going to do is each participant will begin
altering a book - creating a page, a place for photos, etc (the list of
"rules" hasn't been posted yet, but it'll be something along these lines).
There will be a list of participants, and you will have X amount of time to
work on your book, then you will mail your book to the next player. You will
receive a book in return - you will alter a page during the given time
frame, then mail it off. This will continue until you receive your book
back - You will have your own personal book with an original artwork created
by every player in the group. I am doing one now on cats (not cutesy, very
cool) and it is both fun as well as challenging, and I am having a blast, as
well as learning new things with each book I receive. We have our own list
serv on yahoo so we can communicate about the status of the books, post pics
of our work as we go (cause you won't get to see your own artwork in other
people's books once you ship it off), and share ideas and techniques. Sounds
like this RR will be alot of fun!
~Michal

<snip>Okay. So I've missed the boat on something with these altered books.
Are we participating in something really cool and I accidently deleted it?
A group of artists I heard of got a list of mailers together. One person
would start the artwork. They had X amount of time to work on it and were
required to help create a section of a journal along with the artwork. They
then sent it on to the next person on the list and they did the same. When
it was done they found an exhibit space for the finished piece and had a
little reception. Anyone from far away got a "reception box" with photos of
the piece and each artist that contributed.
Are we talking about something fun and creative like this?
Jancy

---