Re: Altered Books - Round Robin

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:41:09 PDT

STeacherkipp@aol.com wrote:I'm so excited to to this. I found the following sites to be over-stimulating my brain with ideas especially since I've never done an altered book before! The possibilities are endless.
Stop me! I've got to stop thinking about this until I finish cleaning out my classroom. I AM OUTTA HERE TODAY!!!!
Susan in OR
Try these sites:

http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/book-making.html
http://www.rubberart.com/classes/class62_accordion-books.htm
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/r/drv1913/0204.html

http://www.yasutomo.com/project/June99.htm
http://members.optushome.com.au/j9/techniques/book.html
http://www.sdmart.org/education-plans.html

> For those of you interested, get an old book and do your cover and your name page inside ...and then start "altering"...making it YOUR own.

Okay. So I've missed the boat on something with these altered books. Are we participating in something really cool and I accidently deleted it?
A group of artists I heard of got a list of mailers together. One person would start the artwork. They had X amount of time to work on it and were required to help create a section of a journal along with the artwork. They then sent it on to the next person on the list and they did the same. When it was done they found an exhibit space for the finished piece and had a little reception. Anyone from far away got a "reception box" with photos of the piece and each artist that contributed.
Are we talking about something fun and creative like this?
Jancy