RE: Altered Books - Round Robin

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 05:35:15 PDT

Oh Yes! Add me too.

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: artinpa [mailto:artinpa@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 7:31 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Altered Books - Round Robin

What a great idea, please put me on the altered book list as well. I
love to be able to get to know everyone on the list a little bit better,
what a perfect opportunity!

Diana

Carolyn Roberts <croberts18@cox.net> wrote:

        Something that might be fun for anyone on the list who is
interested...would
        be to start an altered book of our own...and then "round robin"
them in a
        group...and as it is passed around (actually mailed to the next
one on the
        list), each person could add one or more pages...and then mail
it to the
        next one on the list...and eventually, it would get back to the
original
        owner. I think this would be fun!
        Carolyn

> That sounds like a good idea - I had planned to give them the
entire
> semester to work on their book - however, they would only have
Fridays
        (they
> are shorter class periods), and when they were finished with
their
> assignments. My advanced students I had planned to give them
abit more
        class
> time, just because they were the ones that had the maturity to
really get
> into the project. My art 1 students really struggled with the
time given
> them - they finished and were done. I found that several
students wanted
> take their books home and I allowed this, so those who were on
a creative
> streak could continue working.
> ~Michal

        ---