Altered Books - Round Robin

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 17:23:09 PDT

Something that might be fun for anyone on the list who is interested...would
be to start an altered book of our own...and then "round robin" them in a
group...and as it is passed around (actually mailed to the next one on the
list), each person could add one or more pages...and then mail it to the
next one on the list...and eventually, it would get back to the original
owner. I think this would be fun!
Carolyn

> That sounds like a good idea - I had planned to give them the entire
> semester to work on their book - however, they would only have Fridays
(they
> are shorter class periods), and when they were finished with their
> assignments. My advanced students I had planned to give them abit more
class
> time, just because they were the ones that had the maturity to really get
> into the project. My art 1 students really struggled with the time given
> them - they finished and were done. I found that several students wanted
> take their books home and I allowed this, so those who were on a creative
> streak could continue working.
> ~Michal

---