Re: Altered Books - Michal

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 07:30:11 PDT

Since I have done this lesson this year, I have a little tip. Cheap paper
in books does not do well with gluing pages together - try to find books
that have slick paper or what appears to be better quality paper - found
out the hard way that some paper crinkles and shrinks when we tried to use
glue and certain paints. Also the thicker the pages the better they are
for cutting holes. If there is a dust cover, keep it - my students used
the dust cover to keep their book clean while they were working on it, and
one incorporated it into the design.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---