Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Mexican masks - Zarco Guerrero -Chicano

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 22:12:18 PDT

Don't have an answer to you question.... but I just looked up Zarco Guerrero
(he has one image on the page you posted): See some of his work.
I found lots of links to reference of his theater masks and performance.

Interview with Guerrero:

This is the image that is in the Chicano Art book:
lots of Hispanic artists listed:

Grandmother Death puppet:
from Festival for victims of violence:

California Ethnic and Multicultural Archives:
Take some time to browsefor more artists - some really nice work!
I like this Rupert Garcia Frida Kahlo:

Here is a neat sculptural "book" idea - could easily do this with kids
(maybe do personal heroes):
Wow - lots more ideas - I just checked through the assemblages.

See Latino Art in the community:
Check out the book artists and print artists
Nice site! Mexican Revolution of 1910 and its Legacy:

List of Chicana/o artists:

Herber College of fine Arts - scroll down:

Some info on Guerrero: