Re: best glue for broken pottery

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 10:30:02 PDT

Where do you find the wood glue hot melt? Sounds like a winner of an idea! I use the E6000 as well, but I have the students bring the pieces to me and I glue it - the one time I released the glue to the classroom it returned almost empty cause the kids just don't have the patience to sit and hold it unless they have to. Who tells these kids that adding more glue makes it stick better - it starts in Kindergarten and they just never seem to get the concept from then on!
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  I usually use E6000, which I like a lot. It works great when you have time to allow it to set, but today I wanted to glue some appendages on ceramic masks for 3rd graders who needed to paint them right away. So I used high temp hot melt with wood glue sticks. I have used regular hot melt, but it didn't hold. The wood glue hot melt seemed to hold just fine, and it was so very fast! They were ready to paint in moments.
  Mark

---