Re: best glue for broken pottery

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 10:08:36 PDT

I usually use E6000, which I like a lot. It works great when you have time to allow it to set, but today I wanted to glue some appendages on ceramic masks for 3rd graders who needed to paint them right away. So I used high temp hot melt with wood glue sticks. I have used regular hot melt, but it didn't hold. The wood glue hot melt seemed to hold just fine, and it was so very fast! They were ready to paint in moments.
Mark

renoir2@webtv.net wrote:
Okay I'm turning this question over to you great people. I have
wondered for a long time now what other art teachers use for gluing
broken pottery back together for their students and I finally have a way
of finding out! (What a great list this is.) I have tried hot glue,
gorilla glue(yeah it's really called that), elmer's glue, and super
glue. Am I missing something? I've heard that Zap works but haven't
tried it. Needless to say, I am all "glued" out.
Sincerely,
Deborah Taylor
3rd - 8th in Texas