Fixed items

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 09:04:44 PDT

One of the interesting sidebars about being a art association conference
planner is meeting and working with the scheduled speakers. Fred Babb is
one of those artist/speakers. Fred is the artist whose slogans "Art Can't
Hurt You" and "Art Doesn't Have to Match Your Sofa" are incorporated into
designs for posters, tee shirts, etc., has contacted me to let me know that
he is posting some of his new "fixed" art on ebay. Fred frequents flea
markets and discount stores to purchase oddball items that he then changes
(or as he says, "fixes") the items. Here is the link to his current "fixed"
item up for bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3526935241&category=357

He will be posting more art later on. I am hoping that he puts up for
auction some of his window frame constructions made from oddball dime store
objects.

Anyway ... whether you agree that the "fixed" items are art, these could
make for interesting classroom discussions.

Pam

---