Re: bubbles, the party's over

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 08:06:27 PDT

bubbles, the party's overI am in awe that you put on such an extravaganza!
What a lot of work - but it sounds rewarding and as if it went perfectly.
Congratulations on a job well done! You have definately earned the right to
sit and relax abit now.

I would love to attend your session on book publishing, but it's abit far
and finances won't permit. If I have any technical questions I might sneak
in a question or two if that's alright. I know the first thing I need to do
is write the thing, or at least get something down on paper, so no questions
until then (unless you have some pertanent advice).
~Michal

<snip>But the best part of the party was giving the kids "their free copies
of the book" in this very "too too cool" ceremony. Each child was so proud
of the portraits they drew or the other artwork they submitted. Their
parents and grandparents were beside themselves, and I WAS BUSTING WITH THE
HAPPIES. This is what writing my art books is all about...it's about kids,
and influencing their lives, fine-tuning their awareness, building their
self-esteem, turning on lights in dark rooms...and isn't that what any kind
of teaching is about??!! (should be about..???)

---