Long Post, curriculum plan help needed.

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 14:44:13 PDT

Hi all. Well my second day off and I am working on my curriculum for next
year. I have a couple of ideas that I would like to bounce off of someone.
My hubby is wonderful but I need an art teachers opinion. Okay our whole
schedule is going to change for next year. I will have a year of 7th
graders, as well as a year of 8th graders (everyday for one a one hour
period). I will have a half a year of 7th graders, as well as a half year of
8th graders (every other day for a one hour period). I will have another
class of 7th graders one day and 8th graders the next day.
The students in my everyday year long class (7th and 8th graders will be
starting out by working on a mural.) I found some excellent information on
the net and also had many excellent suggestions from this group. I may also
tie in the artist John Biggers.

For the other classes I was thinking for seventh grade prehistoric art to
modern with some middle ages, and colonial arts added in.

Or I could go seventh grade prehistoric to impressionism.
8th grade impressionism to modern plus focus on American Art.

Or

Cultures of the world for seventh and eight grade. Display a large map and
when we study a culture and produce an artwork in that style pin it...

I would also like to do a mosaic with my students. Make the tiles though
with clay and glaze. A quilt. and I would like to do papermaking, and batik
art.

This year I tried to give my students a variety of projects. A little
painting, a little sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, drawing, collage. I
tried to have them use colored pencils, markers, oil pastels, chalk,
painting, tempera, watercolor (a different media each time to try).

I'm just not sure how to set up my classes. I would like to have a clear
plan on how things will go. If anyone has suggestions it would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,
LeAnn

---