Mexican Art and Folk Art - World folk art

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 14:01:30 PDT

I am still exploring Indigo Arts (the site where I found telephone wire
baskets)...A commercial site - but a good source for images for PowerPoint.

I posted the African Art to the Getty list:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_africanart_main.html

See Mexican Art and Folk Art - a site you probably wouldn't take your
students to....but one where you can get lots of images for your PowerPoint.
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_oaxaca_main.html
I added a link to the Masks from Larry's paper mache mask lesson -- and a
link to the Bolivian tin masks to the foil tooling lesson. Check the artists
shown to see which ones are suitable to your needs. Lots of media
represented - and a variety of folk art.

Masks from Nepal:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_asianart_nepalmsk1.html

Javanese Masks:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_asianart_javamask1.html

Masks from Bali:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_asianart_balimask1.html
I will add these mask links to Larry's paper mache mask lesson.

Art from Cuba:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_cuba_main.html

Haitian Art Gallery:
http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_haiti_main.html

and more....

Here is a directory of what is on the site:
http://www.indigoarts.com/main.html

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department