Art and Technology - All levels needed.

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 09:14:46 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Survey respondents on all levels are looking for lessons integrating
technology. Do you have any to share?
High school needs Corel Draw ideas as well as digital/technology. All areas
are looking for any lessons integrating technology.
Send enough of a description that folks can tell what you mean (send digital
images to me to share on IAD). If you have files/lesson plans already on
your computer that you can forward to me to post on IAD that would be great.
I will be posting this request several times throughout the summer. If you
have good sites to recommend - please post those as well. I am done
searching myself - but will add any that you find that you can use with your
students. I need sites that appeal to you - that you can use.

I hope to get Brenda Robson's cut paper portrait lesson this summer - using
digital photographs:
http://fbacademy.com/arts.htm

Sarah Wegenas has also done this with 9th graders - she has some nice
portrait painting too that started with a digital photograph (see also her
computer arts designs):
http://www.esu9.org/~swegenas/midart/9art.htm

Jeryl's second grade portraits using digital photos is nice:
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/artsecond.htm

Rebecca has great clay animation - good for middle school thru high school:
http://www.cathedral.k12.nd.us/bengelman/artrich8.html

I have many links on my site. Many list members have lessons online for you
to browse.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm#Technology
or http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm (click
Technology at the top)

My search today didn't turn up anything new of great value....

Some old technology - Native Tech Web site:
http://www.nativetech.org/

Audart - Integrating Art and Technology (see if this has anything you can
show your high school students:
http://www.audart.com/

About.com links to technology lessons (explore yourself):
http://arttech.about.com/library/bl_lesson_plans_technology.htm
http://arttech.about.com/library/bl_lesson_plans_technologyideas.htm
http://arttech.about.com/library/bl_lesson_plans_technologyprojects.htm

Judy Decker - Ohio