Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Basic Art Lessons needed - all levels.

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 08:15:14 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have survey respondents looking for basic art lessons that can be covered
in one day - focusing on elements and/or principles of design. I personally
have no interest in this topic so will not be searching the web anymore for
ideas. I tend to like the projects that take more than one class period to
complete - and have some art history/art appreciation focus as well (DBAE
focused). Please post ideas you have for one day/basic art lessons - include
the element or principle of design focus - and the grade level in your post.
Give enough of a description that folks can tell what you mean - images are
not necessary. I will compile these and make them available to all. Since
most are interested in Art history/Art appreciation - Lessons/ideas I add to
the site will have this in mind.

Some sites that have excellent lesson ideas (but many would take more than
one class period to complete) are:

Basic middel school lessons:

Ginny Rockwood - Brattleboro Are Middle School:

Ed Hanlon - L.J Stevens Middle School:,1876,18001-204501-21-53907,00.html

Larry Prescott - Madison Middle School

Kerry Marquis - Introduction to Art - High School:

Michal Austin - The Art Kids - K- 12

And many more sites for you to browse:

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department