School Sites worth checking

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 07:29:45 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

My survey respondents are looking for examples of student work. They wanted
to see more school web sites. I spent HOURS hunting the web and came up with
these three to feature next month on Great Sites. I need your help locating
more great school sites. World list - can you direct me to student art in
your countries?

Dublin Sciota High School - Ohio
http://scioto.dublin.k12.oh.us/web/arts/ArtSite/
Photography, studio art, sculpture drawing and computer art.
Mr. Schall; Ms. Flanagan; Ms. Parker, Mr. Dennison. (link to 2002
Scholastics is broken). Some really amazing work!

Mendham High School, Mendham New Jersey
http://www.wmmhs.org/users/art/ Has links for Art I and II, painting, Studio
Art, Graphics and more. Ceramics photos are not on site (link broken). Also
has links to Art Teachers' sites - Mr. Douglas, Mr.Marrero and Mrs. Perry -
as well as alumni work.

Breck School Golden Valley, Minnesota,
http://www.breckschool.org/website/newweb.nsf/subSectionView/Visual+Arts?Ope
nDocument or http://tinyurl.com/du8z
Check Lower School exhibit - Middle School - Upper School and Faculty
exhibit. Some very interesting works in the archives too. Carol Grams, Tobie
Dicker, Jill Franke (excellent high school ceramics), Laurence Vienneau,
Michal Sager teachers.

Here is a clay project I found in the archives - suitable for grades 4 thru
12 (click on thumbnails):
http://www.breckschool.org/website/newweb.nsf/fd7ddcdc999b364b86256b10005ca6
2d/e165c991fc62363486256b2e006fcfdf?OpenDocument or
http://tinyurl.com/du9a

Some nice high school ceramics:
http://www.breckschool.org/website/newweb.nsf/4754cde3e3cb73b786256ae3001312
a2/0ac8a6a3702687df86256b5e006e0f08?OpenDocument or http://tinyurl.com/du9g

Great high school still life:
http://www.breckschool.org/website/newweb.nsf/4754cde3e3cb73b786256ae3001312
a2/804ca2cdf0e8a46f86256b5e006e0f09?OpenDocument or
http://tinyurl.com/du9n

Very nice elementary portraits:
http://www.breckschool.org/website/newweb.nsf/fd7ddcdc999b364b86256b10005ca6
2d/df851bd79a8fa5fd86256b2e006fcfd4?OpenDocument or
http://tinyurl.com/du9t
....and more.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com