Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art of Israel -Yaacov Agam

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 06:25:35 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Several were interested in the art of Yaacov Agam. If you have done a
lesson - please share with me/the list. I would want images of your
students' work. Renah will be supplying a lesson plan for IAD. Below are
lots of links for Agam (I won't be putting all of them on my site) - and
some other Israeli artists. I really liked the work of Bracha Guy -
silkscreen artist. I wish there was more online (higher quality images). If
anyone explores this link - post artists
and crafts people you admire (many silversmiths). I didn't explore it too
much myself. Save this email if art of Israel - or Agam - interests you.

Israeli artists:

Yaacov Agam [Israeli Painter and Sculptor, Born 1928 (bio and works)
Yaacov Agam Resource (view works in the museum gallery):
Biography and works:
Photograph of Agam:
Yaacov Agam - selected works:
some images at Doubletake:
Hallmark Galleries - view the work:

Sculpture at Albright Knox: (student version)

Yaacov Agam - RoGallery:

More Agam images:

2 Agam images:
much more available online.

Fine Israeli Art (commercial site - but has nice silver work and serigraphs
by Bracha Guy - very Matisse like)

Biography of Bracha Guy:
View artwork on this site (images are not of very good quality - ones above
are better)
Also from Israel - David Schluss (see site for more artists):

Lots of links to artists (have fun exploring - links to crafts people too):

Gaia - Porcelain miniatures - "shrines" (I will be featuring her on Great
Sites in the future) Gaia creates realistic porcelain miniatures of everyday

Here is a link that gives you names of American Jewish artists. I have many
linked from my American Art page already: (another list of artists) (another list) Jewish women artists

Art of Israel - Liora Rosenman (I will use her on Incredible Artists): (you don't need to install the Hebrew
character to enjoy the site)

Nomi Wind - neat fiber art (I will add her to textiles page)

Lea Majaro-Mintz - clay sculptures

Silver smith: Yaakov GREENVURCEL

Dan Givon - silver work:

Naftali Golomb pottery:

Amnon Israeli - pottery:

Lihie Gender Talmer - prints and sculpture

Izzika Gaon - glass and porcelain:

Miriam Ben Haim - interesting works - mixed media on aerial photographs:

Irith Blotch - works in paper (I will add her to my paper page):

Israel Museum (will add to my Museum page):

Paintings of Israeli artists ( a selection):

Chagall windows (in Jerusalem):

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department