Art of Israel -Yaacov Agam

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 06:25:35 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Several were interested in the art of Yaacov Agam. If you have done a
lesson - please share with me/the list. I would want images of your
students' work. Renah will be supplying a lesson plan for IAD. Below are
lots of links for Agam (I won't be putting all of them on my site) - and
some other Israeli artists. I really liked the work of Bracha Guy -
silkscreen artist. I wish there was more online (higher quality images). If
anyone explores this link http://www.israelartguide.co.il/ - post artists
and crafts people you admire (many silversmiths). I didn't explore it too
much myself. Save this email if art of Israel - or Agam - interests you.

Israeli artists:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/nationalities/Israeli.html

Yaacov Agam [Israeli Painter and Sculptor, Born 1928
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/agam_yaacov.html
http://www.picassomio.com/artist-portfolio/769/en/ (bio and works)
Yaacov Agam Resource (view works in the museum gallery):
http://www.agam.net/
Biography and works:
http://www.gallerym.com/ay.htm
Photograph of Agam:
http://www.telefonica.es/fat/tem/tem289.jpg
Yaacov Agam - selected works:
http://www.telefonica.es/fat/eagam.html
some images at Doubletake:
http://www.doubletakeart.com/cgi-bin/dtg/psearch.list?ac=00005
Hallmark Galleries - view the work:
http://www.hallmarkgalleries.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=artistBio&artist_ID=21

Sculpture at Albright Knox:
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/Agam.html
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/sAgam.html (student version)

Yaacov Agam - RoGallery:
http://www.rogallery.com/agam_yaacov/yagamhm.htm

More Agam images:
http://www.aejv.com/agam.htm
http://www.aejv.com/agam-bio.htm

2 Agam images:
http://www.artnet.com/ag/fineartthumbnails.asp?aid=1279
much more available online.

Fine Israeli Art (commercial site - but has nice silver work and serigraphs
by Bracha Guy - very Matisse like)
http://www.artofisrael.com/

Biography of Bracha Guy:
http://smart-publishing.com/artist.asp?artist_id=4
View artwork on this site (images are not of very good quality - ones above
are better)
Also from Israel - David Schluss (see site for more artists):
http://smart-publishing.com/artist.asp?artist_id=2

Lots of links to artists (have fun exploring - links to crafts people too):
http://www.israelartguide.co.il/

Gaia - Porcelain miniatures - "shrines" (I will be featuring her on Great
Sites in the future) Gaia creates realistic porcelain miniatures of everyday
life
http://www.gaiajudaica.com/

Here is a link that gives you names of American Jewish artists. I have many
linked from my American Art page already:
http://jewisharteducation.com/America.html
http://jewisharteducation.com/genesis.html (another list of artists)
http://jewisharteducation.com/WWII.html (another list)
http://jewisharteducation.com/women.html Jewish women artists

Art of Israel - Liora Rosenman (I will use her on Incredible Artists):
http://www.art-in-israel.co.il/ (you don't need to install the Hebrew
character to enjoy the site)

Nomi Wind - neat fiber art (I will add her to textiles page)
http://www.interart.co.il/wind/index.html

Lea Majaro-Mintz - clay sculptures
http://www.interart.co.il/majaro/index.html

Silver smith: Yaakov GREENVURCEL
http://www.greenvurcel.co.il/

Dan Givon - silver work:
http://www.dangivon.co.il/index.htm

Naftali Golomb pottery:
http://www.interart.co.il/golomb/index.html

Amnon Israeli - pottery:
http://www.israelartguide.co.il/israeli/index.html

Lihie Gender Talmer - prints and sculpture
http://www.interart.co.il/talmor/index.html

Izzika Gaon - glass and porcelain:
http://www.interart.co.il/izzika/index.html

Miriam Ben Haim - interesting works - mixed media on aerial photographs:
http://www.interart.co.il/benhaim/index.html

Irith Blotch - works in paper (I will add her to my paper page):
http://www.interart.co.il/bloch/index.html

Israel Museum (will add to my Museum page):
http://www.imj.org.il/

Paintings of Israeli artists ( a selection):
http://www.cnl.salk.edu/~iris/israel_paint.html

Chagall windows (in Jerusalem):
http://www.md.huji.ac.il/special/chagall/index.html
http://www.hadassah.org.il/hmo/art/chagall.html