Re: glitter color mixes

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 20:36:26 PDT

I had the same problem ending up with multicolor glitter and got some
control by having a station table with a flat plastic party plate for
each color.

I don't put just one color in each dish. I mix the colors, for
instance, for the green plate add a little gold and blue and a tiny
amount of the compliment of red. For the purple plate I mix a little
red and blue and tiny bit of compliment gold. For the Silver plate I
add a little blue and purple. Gold gets mixed with copper and tiny
bit of blue or red (whatever my mood). The colors look very rich when
mixed this way. One plate is multicolor and gets all the spills on
the table when the day is over. The biggest problem was remembering
to dump between glitter sprinkles and wind up with more than one color
on the paper when it is time to dump. Then they have to dump in the
multi and not contaminate the colors.

This didn't eliminate all the problems but was an improvement and the
end product was more exciting with the mixed colors.