March Chagall - and Russian art lessons

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 20:15:58 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I forgot to add a search for Russian Art Lesson plans when I did my search
for Art of Russia. Save this if you are interested in Art of Russia (I won't
be providing links to all of these on my site). I did find a couple other
art lessons - one was on protest art and another a web lesson using a the
History of Russian Painting site I posted yesterday.

Marc Chagal [Russian/French Painter and Stained Glass Artist, 1887-1985]
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/chagall_marc.html

Marc Chagall - biography - has galleries of his stained glass windows:
http://vision.info.bg/chagal/

Artchive:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/C/chagall.html

Mark Chagall Windows:
http://www.hadassah.org.il/hmo/art/chagall.html
http://www.md.huji.ac.il/special/chagall/

CGFA - bio and two pages of images:
http://cgfa.sunsite.dk/chagall/

Biographical information:
http://www.theartgallery.com.au/ArtEducation/greatartists/Chagall/about/

Guggenheim biography:
http://www.guggenheimcollection.org/site/artist_bio_28.html
http://www.guggenheimcollection.org/site/artist_works_28_0.html (works)

Photograph of Chagall:
http://www.ac-nice.fr/chagall/vie.htm

lots of images available at poster shops....

Ask Eric Lesson Plan - Introducing Marc Chagall - Grade 2
http://www.askeric.org/Virtual/Lessons/Arts/Art_History/ARH0005.html

Lesson Plan Page -Getting Personal with Marc Chagall - lesson grades 4 to 6
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/ArtGetPersonalWithMarcChagall46.htm

Faberge Eggs
http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/a_nav/faberge_nav/main_fabfrm.html
Lesson plan:
http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/a_nav/ed_nav/level_1/ed_faberge_frm.h
tml http://tinyurl.com/dt21

See Treasures of the World:
http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/index.html

Russian nesting dolls and Ukranian eggs (lesson plans you can adapt to fit
your needs)
http://www.hsv.k12.al.us/schools/art/dixon/multicultural.htm

See Christine Sumner Lyman's site - clay basilicas (use the resources I
posted for Russian Architecture) and Faberge Eggs
http://jefffleming.com/lyman/sixth.htm
This would also be a nice lesson using Russian architecture:
http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/~art.elementary/Gallery%20Images/HG1.gif

Some sites for Faberge eggs:
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4819/ (annoying adds get in the way)
http://users.vnet.net/schulman/Faberge/faberge.html (better source)
http://www.faberge.de/ (Faberge site - nice site - click collection - then
egg objects)

Dose anyone have Russian art lessons they can share? Post to the list. I
have done just about all I can do now for Russia.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/