Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

March Chagall - and Russian art lessons

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 20:15:58 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I forgot to add a search for Russian Art Lesson plans when I did my search
for Art of Russia. Save this if you are interested in Art of Russia (I won't
be providing links to all of these on my site). I did find a couple other
art lessons - one was on protest art and another a web lesson using a the
History of Russian Painting site I posted yesterday.

Marc Chagal [Russian/French Painter and Stained Glass Artist, 1887-1985]

Marc Chagall - biography - has galleries of his stained glass windows:

Mark Chagall Windows:

CGFA - bio and two pages of images:

Biographical information:

Guggenheim biography: (works)

Photograph of Chagall:

lots of images available at poster shops....

Ask Eric Lesson Plan - Introducing Marc Chagall - Grade 2

Lesson Plan Page -Getting Personal with Marc Chagall - lesson grades 4 to 6

Faberge Eggs
Lesson plan:

See Treasures of the World:

Russian nesting dolls and Ukranian eggs (lesson plans you can adapt to fit
your needs)

See Christine Sumner Lyman's site - clay basilicas (use the resources I
posted for Russian Architecture) and Faberge Eggs
This would also be a nice lesson using Russian architecture:

Some sites for Faberge eggs: (annoying adds get in the way) (better source) (Faberge site - nice site - click collection - then
egg objects)

Dose anyone have Russian art lessons they can share? Post to the list. I
have done just about all I can do now for Russia.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department