Re: glitter - methods to control it.

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 20:00:38 PDT

Glitter!!! Kids love it! Teachers and custodians hate it.
I found that the kids loved to use it but as it ran and dripped around
the paper it was not what they had in mind in the beginning so most
end products went into the garbage.

In my class when a student created something we named it for that
student. "Ricky's Jewels" is one of those creations.

Ricky thought of controlling the runny glue by putting tiny little
drops on the paper in lines close together. Prepare the dots (Jewels)
for one color at a time. Repeat in small applications of dots and
sprinkle the glitter before the glue dries. Since the dots don't touch
each other the glue doesn't run but the glitter will fill in between
the dots so it looks like jewel work.

I have to admit that I began enjoy creating the jeweled work:<)

----------
Subject: Re: glitter info?
> LOL! Reminds me of when I had some shiny purple metallic paper and I cut it
> into squares big enough for each kindergarten student to have 1. I put tape
> rolls on them, stuck them on me, and gave each student one as they left (if
> you don't know the story then this probably doesn't mean anything). Covered
> in all that shiny paper I had their undivided attention for the ENTIRE
> period! Amazing what abit of sparkly will do! :-)
 ~*~Michal~*~
 K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
 http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
>> haha..I hate glitter.However, I let my first graders use glitter on for
>> their "rainbow fish" (a little filler lesson). Wow...you would have
> thought I offered them a million dollars (or whatever would be worth a
million dollars
>> to 6 year olds!) hehehehehe
>> So I save glitter....and other cool things (like wiggly eyes) as my little
>> bribes. I know...absolutely shameless!!!

---