Amedeo Modigliani - links and lesson plans

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 18:56:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Folks were looking for resources for Amedeo Modigliani. Does anyone have a
lesson they have done that they can share?
Save these links as I will not be listing all of them on my site. I will
start working on the page of teacher recommended artists once all of the
research is done. I hope to have it up and running by fall. American Artist
page is basically done (I will be adding more Latino and Mexican artists to
my page on Mexico). I will add links to your lesson plan ideas that you send
to me or post to the list.

Amedeo Modigliani [Italian Expressionist Painter and Sculptor,
1884-1920]
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/modigliani_amedeo.html

Who is Modi? (site does have some nudes)
http://www.whoismodi.com/

Nice lesson plan on comparing two sculptures:
http://www.whoismodi.com/ehead.pdf

Albright Knox lesson plan:
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/lModigliani.html (lesson)
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/Modigliani.html (teacher page)
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/sModigliani.html (student page)
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/wsModigliani.html (worksheet)

Dennis Golembek's middle school project:
http://www.dgolombek.net/lowryceramics.htm

National Gallery of Art:
http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/psearch?Request=A&Person=21950

Modigliani -My Studio (has one nude image):
http://www.mystudios.com/gallery/modigliani/gallery_wall.html

Archives Legales Amedeo Modigliani (has biography):
http://www.modigliani-amedeo.com/HomeENG.htm

Artchive:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/modigliani.html
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/ftptoc/modigliani_ext.html

OCAIW - links to images on the web (many nudes):
http://www.ocaiw.com/catalog/index.php?lang=en&catalog=pitt&author=544&page=
1 or http://makeashorterlink.com/?P35062BD4

Web Gallery
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/modigliani/

Olga's Gallery:
http://www.abcgallery.com/M/modigliani/modigliani.html

Carol Gerten:
http://cgfa.sunsite.dk/m/m-19.htm#modigliani

InterArt - 6 pages of images - many nudes - but good source for PowerPoint
images:
http://www.inter-art.com/en/modigliani1.htm

Guggenheim biography:
http://www.guggenheimcollection.org/site/artist_bio_110.html