HELP! OUR ART EDUCATION ASSOC. DIDN'T GET OUR GRANT!

---------

From: Debbie Chojnacky (dschojnacky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 18:31:39 PDT

Hi everyone!
I am an art teacher in Idaho and belong to the Idaho Art Education Association. It is associated with the NAEA. I am still on the board as past president - like an advisor when needed. For years we have received monies in the form of a grant to put on our Fall Conference for all Idaho Art educators (130 + attend). It is one of the most beneficial workshops an elementary, secondary or higher education teacher can attend each year. The panel with the Idaho Commission on Arts did not select our grant proposal to fund! This comes as a sad shock and surprise. The 2-year president is very much in a panic as much as anything because everything is in place this fall (ie. counting chickens before the egg?). Well, I guess we have in a way. for 10 years. It takes this grant of $1,800 - $2,000 to pay for the special speaker/workshop educator that comes from National areas.

I am writing to see if anyone out there on the arted net Getty listserve knows of a foundation, company or any grant monies without a deadline that can help us? We are desperate! We have someone who can write the proposal. Thank you if you know of any source!

DESPERATE IN IDAHO
Debbie Chojnacky, Past President
Idaho Art Education Association
dschojnacky@msn.com