Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Giorgio Morandi - Still life artist

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 15:05:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Some of my survey respondents were looking for links for Giorgia Morandi.
Rather than just posting to the Survey group, I thought I would share with
everyone. Morandi is an artist kids can do....simple shapes....subtle
values....over lapping....Good basic lesson for still life (could use
pastels, tempera or watercolor...whatever). Subject matter is stuff you can
easily come across. Save this post - I know I won't be listing all of these
links on my site. Has anyone done a lesson using Morandi? Can you share

Giorgio Morandi [Italian Painter, 1890-1964]
two nice images:
Poster still life images:
two pages of poster images:
A couple images and background information:
Nice etching:

Middle School project that could use Morandi:

I will be posting links for artists my survey people are looking for all
summer long - watch for my posts.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department