Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Pre-Columbian art from Peru

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 13:10:02 PDT

Judy -

Does the name "Judy" come from the binary code
"internet muse?" As always, thanks for the

I was just thinking what a big hole Pre-Columbian art
was in the things I know about. In fact, I probably
know more about outerspace than I do about the

As I was looking at the projects, I began to wonder
why they had used geometric designs and patterns - lo
and behold, your lesson addressed this very question!

I think I will try to explore this civilization
further this summer.

Thanks for all of your hard work - Dawn

> Textiles - three pages of images (I may have this
> linked already - I know I
> have send them before)
> The prints my
> students did were inspired by Pre-Columbian textile
> designs. Most created
> their own abstract animal design. A few used animal
> forms and human like
> forms found in the textiles. We used graph paper to
> design the image.

Do you Yahoo!?