Re: Pre-Columbian art from Peru

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 13:10:02 PDT

Judy -

Does the name "Judy" come from the binary code
"internet muse?" As always, thanks for the
inspiration!

I was just thinking what a big hole Pre-Columbian art
was in the things I know about. In fact, I probably
know more about outerspace than I do about the
Americas...

As I was looking at the projects, I began to wonder
why they had used geometric designs and patterns - lo
and behold, your lesson addressed this very question!

I think I will try to explore this civilization
further this summer.

Thanks for all of your hard work - Dawn

http://exchanges.state.gov/culprop/peru/textile/sect.htm