Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Elementary - basic elements and principles lessons

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 12:45:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have given up searching for elementary art sites to point out to you....So
many are off line or not kept up (I went through 11 pages of Google).
Besides - you list members have the best ones out there (smile). Here are
some projects I found in my searching.

Paper silhouette against warm color painted background
I have done this project with a chalk stencil background - students chose
warm or cool.
You could do this on an architecture theme (Russian architecture would be
fun) - or cultural theme - animals - landscapes -

Crazy weaving - weaving two paintings together:
More ideas:

Here are some short PowerPoint you might want to take a look- using some
well known works and some of your "favorite" artists:
I didn't look at all of them -- some take a while to load.

Some interesting work - I don't know what the medium is (pastels would

Tissue collage:

Watercolor - studying Eskimo culture:

Pottery design - or do Greek pottery - make shape symmetrical - cut out -

First grade Mondrian:

If you come across some basic lessons that teach the elements and principles
of design - please post to the list for all to see. I will compile and save
for anyone interested.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department