Elementary - basic elements and principles lessons

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 12:45:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have given up searching for elementary art sites to point out to you....So
many are off line or not kept up (I went through 11 pages of Google).
Besides - you list members have the best ones out there (smile). Here are
some projects I found in my searching.

Paper silhouette against warm color painted background
http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/~art.elementary/galleries.htm
I have done this project with a chalk stencil background - students chose
warm or cool.
You could do this on an architecture theme (Russian architecture would be
fun) - or cultural theme - animals - landscapes -

Crazy weaving - weaving two paintings together:
http://www.henrico.k12.va.us/ES/ShortPumpES/Templates/CrazyWeaving-2nd.jpg
More ideas:
http://www.henrico.k12.va.us/ES/ShortPumpES/artgalleryhome.html

Here are some short PowerPoint you might want to take a look- using some
well known works and some of your "favorite" artists:
http://www.hazelwood.k12.mo.us/~cdavis01/map2000/art.html
I didn't look at all of them -- some take a while to load.

Some interesting work - I don't know what the medium is (pastels would
work):
http://www.surf-link.com/media/art2_fit.jpg
http://www.surf-link.com/media/art1_fit.jpg

Tissue collage:
http://www.indian-river.k12.fl.us/stu/images/artGalE/tigers01.jpg

Watercolor - studying Eskimo culture:
http://www.indian-river.k12.fl.us/stu/images/artGalE/tigers10.jpg

Pottery design - or do Greek pottery - make shape symmetrical - cut out -
decorate.
http://www.athens.k12.wi.us/gradeschool/artclass/PAGES/5th%20Grade%20Pages/M
VC-016F.JPG
or http://tinyurl.com/ds7s

First grade Mondrian:
http://www.salineschools.com/users/koesterm/artistsondisplay.html

If you come across some basic lessons that teach the elements and principles
of design - please post to the list for all to see. I will compile and save
for anyone interested.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department