Pre-Columbian art from Peru

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 11:27:07 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

In searching for some images of rattles (for an ArtsEducators member)- I
came across this data base of Peruvian art. The gold work can be the spark
of an idea for foil tooling projects. My students made foil frames for their
prints using Pre-Columbian gold work as inspiration. You could use these
images for the foil tooling mask project on IAD.

Metal work - four pages of images
http://exchanges.state.gov/culprop/peru/metal/sect.htm

Here is an Inca Mask project (I will add this link to IAD lesson plan):
http://www.blakeschool.org/aaa/arts/gallery/lower/98inca/index.html
(Blake School will be featured next month on IAD)

Textiles - three pages of images (I may have this linked already - I know I
have send them before)
http://exchanges.state.gov/culprop/peru/textile/sect.htm The prints my
students did were inspired by Pre-Columbian textile designs. Most created
their own abstract animal design. A few used animal forms and human like
forms found in the textiles. We used graph paper to design the image.

Here is my lesson plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-incaprint.htm
If my link doesn't work - go in through IAD home - then click resources -
then lesson plans and then Reduction print- Andean Textile design.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/